Children and Grief
Resources for helping a grieving child
Do you know a child that is grieving the loss of someone special? Below
are some ways you can help.
- Listen and listen with your heart ears and eyes
- Using art supplies and toys that can help the child express their feelings
- Let the child use a punching a bag or other safe ways to express anger
- Create a storybook or memory box that the child can save and reflect on
their loved ones.
- Be honest. It’s ok not to know the answer but talk to them about
- Help the child feel their environment.
- Support the whole family with keeping a sense of normalcy. Keep schedule
and activities. This helps children feel safe.
Learn about Camp Jamie