Children and Grief
Resources for helping a grieving child
Do you know a child who is grieving the loss of someone special? Below
are some ways you can help:
- Listen with your heart, ears, and eyes.
- Using art supplies and toys helps children express their feelings.
- Allow the child to use safe ways to express anger, such as a punching bag.
- A child can create a storybook or memory box about a loved one for ongoing
- It’s ok not to know all the answers, but it’s important to
talk with the child about the questions.
- It is helpful for children to discuss what they are feeling about their
- Support the entire family by helping maintain a sense of normalcy.
- Keeping a schedule of activities helps children feel safe.
Learn about Camp Jamie